Saturday, March 7, 2015

Arrived!!!!!


I have made it to Manila!!!!
 It is so beautiful here. We got in and to the MTC about midnight and just started our first morning and day here. It is 11:00 right now on Saturday which is weird that we missed like 2 days in travel. The traffic and cars are so weird there are lanes but no one follows them and they just go wherever they want to go. I tried to call in Tokyo but no one answered since it was so late. We met President Trast at the airport last night and he is wonderful. He is so friendly and warm and inviting to everyone. I will be here until Wednesday and then will transfer out to the field.  I don't know when I will have the opportunity to email home again. I haven't gotten any pictures yet but I will before I leave and try to send them home. It is not as hot as I was expecting but we are inside for almost all of the last little bit. It is so bright and so nice here.  I actually got a hot shower last night, it felt wonderful. 
I hope that one day I can bring the whole family here for you to experience it, but the flight is awful. I took some of the pills but I still got pretty sick yesterday and a little today. This morning we got pancakes and ham with some delicious bread. I have no clue what kind it is but I love it. It's weird to think that it is after 8 pm there at home and the next day here but one day I will be adjusted to it. We also found out the temple is closed while we are here for renovations so we get to see it but not go inside. 
Today I get to go and teach with the missionaries here in Manila and that will be so cool. Let me know if there is anything you want me to find out or to look up and get pictures of while I am here. Oh and the water tastes terrible but hopefully soon I can get used to that. I loved talking with you all in Salt Lake that was the best part. I tried to text when we got up this morning but I did not have any service and we got busy.  I am working on getting caught up on sleep. I felt like I slept the whole way here but somehow I am still tired. I haven't been able to look up the flight numbers but I bet you could find them on line or call someone to get it figured out I think the flight was 623 from Salt Lake to Portland and from there to Narita Japan and then Manila. I exchanged some of my money into pesos and they are so cool looking. The pills I took helped a lot but did knock me out for a while.
Love you all, I'll talk to you as soon as I can. 

Mahal Kita
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment