Saturday, February 14, 2015

Week 4 MTC

This week by far, has been the absolute slowest week of my life! 
But here we are again, a testimony that bad days come to an end and the sun will come out again. This weather has been so nice! It's hard to remember that it is February and Valentines Day! Happy Valentines Day everyone! I heard some kid walking around today saying that Jesus is his Valentine for two years. He He
 I am so glad that my letter made it home. I thought it will be fine but I didn't put a return address so I worried it would get lost and I would never see those pictures again. Also, Happy Anniversary on Wednesday to Mom and Dad!
I feel like I am finally adjusted to the schedule and life of a missionary here at the MTC but it makes it hard to remember one week from another. Not much new happened except we got an assignment this week..... HOSTING!!!! I get to help all the new missionaries that come in on Wednesday! I am super excited except I have no clue where I am going half of the time so we will see how this goes :) I got my package last night and then got busy helping a sister with some stress she was going through so I didn't get a chance to open it until this morning! It was so funny as we were laying in bed I had like 3 sisters ask if I was ever going to open my package then we talked about having a Christmas party! So I told them I would save it for Christmas morning. We laughed our heads off last night, we were talking about having a significant other back home and my companion said, the last time I was on a date was April.... so things are getting pretty serious... We could not stop laughing it was so funny! I love that we all can just laugh with each other and we laugh at pretty much anything. 
So Thursday, Thursday was an emotional roller coaster ride for most everyone. We got the absolute best advice on studying Tagalog (flashcards that are colored and have a picture... Genius!) 
Well, some of my district members were having a terrible day and that night Sister Edrington ( she gets a single hiccup just about every 20 minutes) and we were all just stressed, so she hiccups and then we all burst out laughing the mga Guro included (mga guro - teachers) No one could stop laughing. That same night we got a peptalk and people were crying and the Elders just sat there and stared at us as if they had no clue what was going on in their life. We talked about it the next day and they said they thought we were joking until tears were shed. Sister Blake was saying to them that they were going to have all daughters because of this and that they should prepare themselves. Elder Bray looked her straight in the face and said I will only put up with this for one woman (in a joking way) and we all just laughed some more.
Another mix up of Tagalog happened, some girls in the other district confused the word puso ( heart) pusa (cat) and told their investigator and their class for like a week to offer up their whole cat to the Lord. I can't even hear the word any more without laughing.
 It is so crazy to think that next Sunday I will be getting my travel plans (yata- I think it's Sunday) and then I will be off! 
Sister Gibbs and I are teaching our district on the Book of Mormon (Aklat ni Mormon) on Sunday so we will see how that goes. I am starting to think more in Tagalog which is really nice except it is usually when I am speaking to someone who doesn't know Tagalog so I forget that not everyone understands me. 

Ohh....... and last Saturday I had the coolest experience ever! Two sister are from Cerabis ( no clue how to spell that) and don't have a temple there so they got to go through for the first time ever. It really made me realize how lucky we are to have so many temples so close to us. They didn't have any family there, they were all alone and many never get another chance to go to the temple after their mission. I feel so blessed to have the opportunities I have had in my life. I am going to be so sad to leave the people in our district because we are all so close now and we love spending time together. I am so glad that I have been able to meet every single person here and I know right now is the time for me to come and serve with these specific individuals. Well, I don't know much more to say than that. But things are going really well here, some days it feels like I never lived anywhere else and other days it feels like I am never going to leave this place.
 Are there any words that people want to know or words people want to know how to say?
Plano ng Kaligtasan - Plan of Salvation
Alam ko po na sa pamamagitan ng pagbabyad-sala tayo makakabalik sa Diyos. Do you guys understand any of this? 
Salamat po - thank you
Opo (or OO) - yes
Hindi - no
Kasama ko - my companion
Pamilya ko - my family

We were singing the hymn with the word "no" we were all saying hindi instead of no except it was one note and hindi has two syllables and it was really funny to hear hindi instead of no. 
Well, I am going to send some pictures if I can from my Kasama.
Mahal Kita,
Sister Hansen 


Sister Gibbs is from Colorado and comes from a family with no sisters only brothers. She is studying Math at BYU Provo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment