Monday, February 9, 2015

Handwritten #2 MTC

Dear Family,

First off happy late birthday tatay(father) I forget the days I am here. Thanks so much for the last package you sent me. I am currently eating as I write this. I just wanted to share my notes from the devotional last night. Brother Kelly Mills spoke to us. He is over all the International MTC's so we got to see a picture of the Manila MTC where we get to stay for 5 days. Also a few things I forgot in my letter. We spoke with a sister from Australia who just got home from Olongapo. She guessed where we all will be going.
Anyway, back to the talks. Sister Mills said from Christ with me, it's not so much your abilities but my works to be done. I love that! Also how music is a universal language so we should use it. It's amazing to hear my district sing in Tagalog because at the point it doesn't matter how much we know or how well we sing the hymn sounds spiritual. The Brother Mills told us how he learned in shop class that if you sand the edges of the wood the middle will take care of it's self. And the edges are all of God's children around us we then will become smooth. How cool! Quick side note I might be learning a song on the piano to accompany a couple sisters of my district. Guess how many sisters we have in our zone now? 35 sisters and 7 elders crazy huh? The SD card has pictures so if you can't tell Sister Gibbs is a brunette. Sister Hamson is tall. Sister Goodman is short. Sister Blake has long brown hair. Sister Edringtone has naturally curly hair and Sister Glick has medium/shoulder length black hair. Elder Bray is half Filipino and Elder Andrews is super tall. So anyway, the guesses where we will serve are as follows:
Elder Bray----Castillo Jose
Elder Andrews---Lizon
Sister Goodman----San Narliso
Sister Gibbs----Abukay
Sister Hamson-----Santorito
Sister Hansen(the coolest missionary)----Luban, pronounced Cowbell
So we will see right?
Well let me know if you want anymore questions answered and I'll give my Tagalog words for the day. Also, tell Bria and Ada I love seeing their cute pictures and hearing that they are praying for me. I miss you but know that I have left you in the best hands while I am away. ohhhh.....and I almost forgot we made a declaration as a district. It is as follows:
I am a happy, courageous, faithful, obedient, confident, worthwhile, servant of God.

Also quick question to mom. Where are are you getting pictures from? Several sisters asked if their moms could also get these pictures/talk with one another. 
So here is my scripture I have memorized Moroni Kabanata Sampu Bersiula lima (Moroni 10;5) At sa pamamagitan ng kapangyarihan ng Espiritu Santo, malalaman ninyo ang Katotohanan ng lahat ng bagay. Mahal Kita pamilya ko(I love my family) Alam ko po na this is the isang tatoong simbahan. Alam ko po na propeta si Joseph Smith I know that with help of God translated the Book of Mormon(Aklat ni Mormom). I see himalas every day here in the  MTC and know I will see more in the field. Alam ko po na mga salita ng Diyos ang Aklat ni Mormon.
Mahal Kita,
Sister Hansen

P.S.
So I can prepare.....Do you want me to call home from the airport? I am allowed to but I leave here around 3;30 am and my flight may leave around 8;30 so it may be like 4-6am. Let me know so I can get a calling card.
So the deal with my companion was an overdose of potassium and salt. Both were in some  acne medication she took twice a day the she ate like 3 bananas a day also drank a ton of water so she flushed her system. She is all better now. Things are really great for both of us. We have found a way to both be happy. I hope I get to see the Cherringtons as well. I love you all!
Love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment